We're glad you're interested in becoming a guest columnist with us. Here are more details on submitting your column information...Procedures & Guidelines for Being a Guest Columnist for Digital Texas
- Document Submission Format: Microsoft Word (.doc file format)
- Subject Matter: We want you to write what you are passionate about. It is best to tout your credentials and affiliations in your "About the Author" bio (see below). Please make sure to properly source all copyright material, including books, online articles and other types of protected information.
- Pictures / Illustrations: Acceptable in JPG file format only. (Actually, graphics with your column help tremendously.) All graphics should properly sized. If you need help resizing your graphic, use an online tutorial: http://www.digitaltexas.com/spps/sitepage.cfm?catID=13. Please properly source all pictures and do not use copyrighted art or graphics unless you have specific written permission.
- Column Length: Make the column as long as you personally enjoy reading. Put yourself in the position of a local Woodlands resident and make the article appeal to his / her tastes. Generally, our readers enjoy graphics and pictures and like it when an article has links and references.
- Proofreading / Editing: We want your content to showcase your expertise as well as inform our readers. We will proofread your column material and edit as necessary to meet the needs of our readers. You will be given a link to your column as we post it. If you wish to make a revision, just let us know. We'll work together to get the best content on Woodlands Online.
- Posting Length: We plan to keep your column material up perpetually in our news archive. So, please make sure your content does not appear dated.
- About the Author Bio: Please indicate how you want your bio to display with your column. You can place your picture with bio. Be sure to indicate what makes you an expert on the subject you've just written about and include your contact information (e-mail, phone, FAX, website address are acceptable).
Contact Editor (email@example.com) or by phone, 409-767-8135.
We look forward to reading your column on the Digital Texas area's largest community portal.